Friday, March 2, 2018

Dreams about Ram Dass

Recently, I have had several dreams about Ram Dass (Richard Alpert).  I have not read any of his books in years but am feeling drawn toward him lately.

In the first dream, I was with him in India during the 1970’s (I was born in 73).  He was a bit lost, struggling with his own issues.  We discussed life at length.  It seemed almost that I was counseling him.

Last night, I dreamt that I was at a meditation retreat.  I was excited that Ram Dass himself was about to guide us in person.  But just as everyone was starting to relax, he singled me out.  He handed me a basket of rocks and told me to go outside and give them away.  I was to find the perfect stone to give to each person that I met.  I was disappointed to miss the meditation.  But, I took the basket and did as I was told.  There was a variety of stones in the basket.  Some were plain and gray.  Others were crystals or brightly colored stones.  There were also a few small figurines.  A few or the rocks had small crystal like six sided dice embedded in them.  People seemed delighted by the small gifts that I was distributing.

No comments: