Saturday, February 9, 2008

Calling upon the four directions

Long ago, I used to attend moon lodges. Here is a little song that we'd chant or sing to begin circle...

Ho
To the East
Land of our dawn and birth
Bringer of the air
Bringer of the eagle of spring

Ho
To the South
Land of our youth and sun
Bringer of the fire
Bringer of the lion of summer

Ho
To the West
Land of the peoples twilight
Bringer of the water
Bringer of the dreaming bear of fall

Ho
To the North
Land of Grandmother midnight
Bringer of the earth
Bringer of the winter buffalo

Ho
Great Sprit
Earth, Air, Fire, and Sea
You are all around us
And you're inside of me.

2 comments:

SunTiger said...

AWESOME. I will use a variant of this (adding some of my own wording) for my Tribal Healing Ceremony happening this Saturday ...

LOVE the post. Thank you for sharing.

~ SunTiger
SunTigerMOJO.com

Megan M said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I, too, would like to use this song for a Moon Circle.